Thursday, January 20, 2011

on being an aunt

Of all my life roles, I think being an aunt is the most fun! I get hugs and kisses and sweet, "Wuv ooo's" from two really adorable little people, but I have no daily responsibility for them. I love that Caden has cousins he gets to grow up with. While, I'd love to give these two darlings another cousin some day, I'm thrilled to be their aunt forever. I can't believe my beautiful niece is going to be SIX tomorrow, but I love that she and Caden are the same age because we get to watch a boy and a girl going through the same stages, but so differently. Those two are glued at the hip when they're together. They love and fight with each other fiercely. I also love that Caden gets a younger boy cousin to love on and teach him how to be a "boy". I love watching Jensen and Caden play because they are both full of energy and love cars and sports. On one hand I'm sad because they're far enough apart in age that they'll never be on the same team together, but happy too because they will each get the chance to be in the spotlight as their name is called over the PA system at high school football games one day. Caden adores Jensen and Tegan and so do I!

TEGAN: beautiful, fearless, loves to dance, picky eater, good big sister, smart, sassy, loves clothes and fashion, 6 tomorrow

JENSEN: adorable, fearless, all boy, eats everything!, super sweet, goofy, silly, opinionated, tells you how it is, just turned 2


my favorite nephew; this totally shows his goofy side and his no non-sense attitude side

my favorite niece; one part tomboy, one part girly girl; all pretty!

I love you so much, Tegan and Jensen! I love being your aunt Sarah! I can't wait to spend Friday nights watching you play football, Jensen and Saturday afternoons shopping and listening to your stories, Tegan! Big hugs to you both!

No comments: