Monday, January 17, 2011

33

Doug celebrated his 33rd birthday on Saturday! I planned a night out with our friends, Jeremy and Melissa. We ate dinner at Bravo's Italiani in Valley Center. We'd never been there, but I'd heard it was very good. It was delicious and definitely some place we'll go back to. After dinner, we headed to Orange Leaf for dessert. It was also super yummy and now I'd like to franchise and own my own in Newton. Then we headed to the Loony Bin to see a comedy show. It was a fun night celebrating my favorite guy! I surprised Doug with a teeny tiny plastic toy gun in a gift card case, a gun cleaning kit, and a silicone lined gun sock. I think he was a bit disappointed since he doesn't own a gun that needs cleaning or stored in a sock, until I kept handing him the gift card box repeatedly all afternoon. Finally, he got the hint, shook it and found the money to put towards the gun he wants ~ a .50 caliber Thompson center-fire muzzle-loader. Please nobody ask me what that is, unless you want the very basic answer of a gun Doug can use hunting. I had to practice saying the name of it several times before I remembered! Apparently it's a good gun to have because it extends your hunting season or something like that. Honestly, I'm so happy Doug is getting something he really wants for his birthday and that I'm helping him get it, but I start thinking about other things when he starts drooling, I mean, talking about hunting, guns, and the length of whatever season it is.
 
Birthday boy! Happy 33rd, Dougie!

No comments: