Sunday, January 23, 2011

crafty {a little}

Completing one adult craft each month is one of the things on my 12 for 12 in 2011 list. I asked some of my craftier friends to give websites or blogs to look at for ideas. Amy directed to be to Eighteen25 which is a delightful blog written by 3 seriously crafty, creative sisters and the place that directed me to another creative blog called The Idea Room which is where this craft idea came from. You can get the specific details for this craft here. It's such a  neat site with lots of ideas I wish I was talented enough to steal. Amy also asked me to share pictures of my crafting adventures, so here is my first go. This was shockingly easy and turned out so much better than I expected. 
materials gathered and yes the cup was important for creating the 3" circle template
nearly finished
completely finished
my littlest Valentine holding my first craft project
because honestly he can NOT resist getting his mug on film (or memory card in this case)

hanging on the wall
This was simple. I did most of it while watching TV. Still, I feel accomplished and a teeny tiny little bit crafty!

3 comments:

Amy said...

This turned out really cute, Sarah!! Way to go, crafty girl! :)

Amanda said...

YAY!!! So cute!!! I can't wait to see what else you come up with!! Being crafty is much simpler when you can copy ideas - I NEVER come up with stuff on my own - you can do it!!! Oh wait - you DID do it!!! HORRAY!!!

Doug and Sarah said...

Thanks for your kind words and encouragement!

Amy, you lead me to the place I stole the idea from! :)

Amanda, yes!! It is SO much easier to copy an idea than to come up with my own!

If you have other sources of inspiration, I'd love to know about them!