Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Did He Really???

So as most of you know we have been having a LOT of trouble getting Caden to go to bed and stay in bed.  Last night we tried a new tactic of putting him in bed then each time he got up we took turns of picking him up and putting him back to bed without saying anything to him.  Needless to say this really, really made him mad.  Several times I had to ask myself..."Did he really just say that?  I think he's trying to be insulting but I had to leave the room in a hurry several times! 

Here are some of my favorites keeping in mind they were being sreamed at us in a wailing 5 year old voice.

"You're a stinkyhead."
"You stinky ol lady head."
"You keeping breaking my heart now I gotta fro up."
"Talk to me stinkyhead."
"I'm not loving you no more."

But what I love is that he was madder than a hornet's nest last night and got up all lovie dovie this morning like nothing had ever happened.  Round 2 tonight I am sure!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Those are awesome. (but only b/c they're not being screamed at me!) :) We were having a problem with Lawson getting out of bed several times, too. We started something new that has been really successful with him. Ask me if you're interested! :)

Aaron and Shannon said...

I'm sure we will be experiencing those sometime soon! We've been bribing Eli to stay in his bed! We'll see how long that lasts! Amy, I'd be curious to know what you're doing!