Sunday, February 7, 2010

bedtime bedlam

Actual comments from Caden tonight as I struggled with bedtime for the 736th night in a row: At my billionth request to get back in bed . . ."You broke my heart!" at full voume AND "You're breaking my heart and my feelings!!" also at top volume AND "I feel like I'm going to throw up because you broke my heart!" AND "I don't feel good because you're yelling at me so much!" a good 5 minutes after I was done yelling at him.

I used to enjoy bedtime, but now I'd rather skip it most nights, except that leads to other undesirable problems. On the upside, we've now had 3 nights of Caden sleeping in his bed all night as opposed to our bedroom floor. One step forward, two steps back. Parenting is NOT for the faint of heart for sure!

1 comment:

Chad and Jody said...

So sorry you're hurting your son's feelings. :)
That's tough, though. I hate when they make that defeated face on their way back to their bed. so sad.

On another note- LOVE the new makeover of your blog. It's cheerful.