Saturday, September 6, 2008

Friday Family Fun

Last night Doug decided we were heading out to the Sports Bar for dinner. Before dinner we stopped at the Golf USA store which is one of Doug and Caden's favorite places. Doug checked to see if his clubs could be lengthened. His clubs are about 2 inches too short right now, so he's playing bent over too far to compensate. Caden and I had a good time practicing our putting skills while we waited for Daddy. After dinner, we headed to Braums for ice cream cones. Once we were home Caden enjoyed staying up past his bedtime watching golf on TV with Doug while I read (finished The Notebook and started The Wedding, both by Nicholas Sparks who is becoming one of my favorite authors!). It was a relaxing way to end the work/school week. Today, of course, we're headed for a college football marathon (at least for Doug and Caden). Doug is looking forward to finally getting to watch the Sooners on TV. I'll watch OU with them, but then probably try to catch up on some more school work since that pesky to do list never seems to stop growing! Go Sooners and Jayhawks!! Sorry Wildcat fans ~ though purple is my favorite color; this house (as evidenced by the memorabilia we've collected already and the dreams Doug has for much, much more) bleeds crimson and cream during football season!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Hope you're having fun watching the game...or at least Doug. Dave has told me for over a week that he will be watching them today...he was up at 7am to watch College Game Day..oh my! It's that time of year again!

Oh yeah, and I did think you were cool until you posted a Jayhawk. I'll have to reconsider now.