Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day weekend

We've enjoyed our extended holiday weekend for the most part. I have worked for several hours on school stuff, but it feels good to cross at least a few things off my school to do list. Doug watched the opening weekend of college football. Unfortunately, his beloved Sooners were not televised so he missed their crushing defeat of Chatanooga, 57-2. We've napped. Doug and Caden have played golf. I've been out to dinner with a friend and laughed a lot at the Looney Bin (comedy club in Wichita; not a mental health facility for all of you out there wondering if I need one). And, now it's Monday morning, I'm the only one awake. My boys are snoring and we don't have to be anywhere today, except the grocery store. I for one am thrilled to have this bonus day off to spend lounging, reading, and yes, probably working to cross some more items off that very long to do list from school. Hope everyone enjoys their Labor Day. And for some mommies today will be a true Labor Day.

No comments: