Sunday, October 19, 2008

blue eyed wish; green eyed reality

I'm behind on blogging!! Now it's time to catch up.

Thursday night, I was riding to Wichita with my in-laws and Caden. We were meeting Doug and his brother's family for dinner in honor of my mother-in-law's birthday. Happy 54th Birthday, Truck Grandma!!

Anyway, I was talking to Caden about his day at school. Last week they were learning about their bodies and building self-esteem at preschool. That day they had painted self-portraits. I asked Caden what color his eyes are. He correctly answered that they are green. I told him he got his green eyes from his daddy. Caden announced he wanted blue eyes. I told him he'd have to talk to his daddy about that one. Caden noticing my in-laws' cell phones on the console of their truck, said, "Gimme the phone so I can call daddy!" Hysterical laughter ensued from my in-laws and me. Caden was quite serious (and literal). So we gave him the phone and he called daddy and told him he wanted some blue eyes. Daddy told him that he couldn't change his green eyes now. It was too late. I love blued-boys. I think they're cute, but I think my green-eyed guy is the cutest!

No comments: