Tuesday, September 30, 2008

back seat driver

It's a good thing our darling almost 4 year old doesn't teach driver's ed. Lately I've been warned to be careful so I don't crash. Typically this spews forth from Caden's mouth when another car is not even in sight. I can't fault him for being safety conscious, but geez I'm not such a bad driver than he needs to worry about me crashing into nothing. And then this afternoon as I'm driving in our neighborhood , near our house, in an area where lots of small children live and play, following an elderly woman who was a bit pokey, but not annoying so, Caden informs me, "You don't gots to drive so slooowww, mommy!" I can't win!! And to think, that we, his hyper concerned parents were deeply concerned at one point that our first born boy might never speak!! I do love to hear him talk because his perspective is fascinating to me, but when it comes to my driving, I guess I'd prefer more attention be paid to the ABC songs on the CD player on his part! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wait until he starts telling you that you follow too close.
cane papa