Thursday, June 5, 2008

fishing!

Last Saturday (May 31st) we spent a glorious evening with 2 other families, the Browns and the Carlsons. We cooked out at the Carlson's house. They have an amazing property with a big pond for fishing. Caden had a great time with Brock (Brown) and Jeb and Maggie (Carlson). The kids played and we all went fishing. The biggest highlight of the evening was catching a huge snapping turtle. We had lots of fun with fabulous friends! A perfect summer evening! Thanks for having us, Carlsons!! :)

Maggie, Brock, & Jeb swimming

huge snapping turtle from the pond at the Carlson's

Doug kissing his catch

Caden with his "big" catch! He thought this was the mommy fish.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Seriously, that picture of the turtle is just scary! It doesn't look like any turtle I've ever seen before in my life. I may just have nightmares now!

Doug and Sarah said...

Amanda,
I know! The turtle was the biggest I'd ever seen outide of the zoo. It was aggressive too. Not my kind of fun at all, but our husbands had aquite a good time with it that day.