Thursday, February 4, 2010

heart breaker

That's what I am and I don't mean the super attractive, love 'em, but leave 'em kind. I mean a real heart breaker.

As has been par for the course the past few weeks, I struggled with Caden at bedtime tonight. He didn't want to go because he wanted to drink hot chocolate. Once I got him into bed, he threw a MAJOR fit because he didn't want me to go back downstairs which is his typical plea/demand at bedtime. The MAJOR fit led to me losing my cool and yelling at him. Not my finest mommy moment. Then Caden was consumed with hysterical tears and choking gasping sobs. When I tried to comfort him, he told me, "You broke my heart!" I explained I hadn't meant to upset him, but he didn't understand. He just kept repeating, "You broke my heart because you were yelling at me", in the saddest, sweetest little voice. Oh my goodness! It broke mommy's heart. Talk about laying on the guilt thick and heavy! I'm not really sure where Caden's heard about broken hearts, but I'm guessing there's been a lot of Valentine's Day discussion going on in his class at school.

1 comment:

Lynn and Rick said...

Just saw your list. Very ambitious. Looks like it needs to be updated as I am sure you've accomplished much more than 2 items.

May I assist you with items 16 & 99? There is a really neat card sending system on the Internet you'd be thrilled with. You select your card, include a message and click send. The company prints, stuffs, addresses the envelop(no labels), put a real stamp on the envelop and drops it in the mail for you all for about a buck including postage.

Want to check it out? Go to http://www.sendoutcards.com/lynnandrick. We'd be honored to help you move along on your list and make a huge difference in the lives of your family, friends and coworkers.

Regards,

Lynn and Rick

Lynn and Rick Lelchuk
Miami, FL, USA