Saturday, November 14, 2009

The things we do.....

It's late......1:30 am to be exact. Caden is asleep in his bed, all bundled up tight. Sarah is asleep downstairs in the recliner. I'm not exactly sure why I am still awake except I had to make Caden's birthday cake for his party tomorrow. It probably could have been done tomorrow but as far as he knows he's getting a plain chocolate cake. I've never tried my hand at piping the icing on a cake so I borrowed a race car cake pan from a friend and I am surprising Caden (and myself) with this cake. It's not perfect but in my eyes it's not too bad first a first try.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Awesome! I'm sure he loved it!

Amanda said...

Okay, I am 99% sure I'll be doing a Disney Cars theme for Mason's 2nd bday in Feb. I was going to do a car cake pan, but it was just the kind that you are just decorating the top of the car, so you're just doing a side profile, make sense? I like this full 3D car...I may have to have you hook me up with that pan so I can make Lightning McQueen!

Way to go, it looks great for your first time!

kambra said...

This is my first time visiting your blog...The cake is GREAT. Our library has cake pans available to check out. You should check yours.