Wednesday, February 18, 2009

25 Random Facts about Sarah

I've seen this on several other blogs and thought I'd give it a try. Here are 25 random things to know about me:

1. I am only child.
2. I was born in Salina.
3. My favorite color is purple.
4. I do not like my middle name at all.
5. Both my first and middle names are Biblical.
6. I met Doug on a blind date.
7. I knew by the end of our first date that Doug and I would get married.
8. Our anniversary this year: 07.08.09
9. My favorite candy is jelly beans.
10. I was in a small oven explosion when I was six.
11. I've ridden in an ambulance as a patient. (this was not connected to #10)
12. I have had numerous speeding tickets in my life. At one point in high school I was dangerously close to losing my license because of speeding tickets.
13. My parents were the caretakers of our church when I was growing up, which meant I had lots of unique experiences like riding in a cherry picker and crawling through industrial air conditioning vents.
14. I was nanny in Chicago during the summer between my freshmen and sophomore years in college.
15. One of the best and most fascinating jobs I've ever had was working for the Kansas Turnpike Authority as a toll booth operator.
16. I love to fly as long as I have the window seat.
17. I would love to ride in a hot air balloon.
18. I have a passion for ice.
19. I take lots and lots of showers.
20. I am so terrified of fire I can't light matches, or candles or start the grill without some serious panic.
21. Currently my favorite TV show is Grey's Anatomy.
22. My favorite movie is Pretty Woman.
23. I did my student teaching in kindergarten and third grade.
24. Caden's initials, C and R, are for Doug's and my'middle names; C is from Doug and R is from me. We actually did this unintentionally, but once we figured it out we thought it was pretty cool.
25. Apparently, I'm pretty boring because this was a lot harder than I thought it would be! :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

Sarah Rebekah? Sarah Rachel? Sarah Rahab? (maybe not that last one) :)