Saturday, January 3, 2009

family

Over Christmas break, we traveled to Savannah, MO to visit my grandma and some of my aunts, uncles, and cousins. My grandma is AMAZING! She has 6 children and 6 in-law children, 11 grandchildren, 1 in-law grandchild, 1 in-law grandchild to be in June, and 1 great-grandchild. She'll be 79 in February and she's helping my mom's youngest sister and her husband raise their 3 children, ages 11, 7, and 5. I think she and my mom could easily pass for sisters (for a comparison, check out their pictures below). My grandma has very little gray hair and is very active and probably in better health than some of her children and their spouses. Caden was really impressed by the new knowledge that he has 3 grandmas. He kept talking about Grandma J all the way up there and all the way home and several times since we've been back. I think she made quite an impression. And sometime will have to confuse him more and explain that in all truth he has 4 grandmas, Doug's mom's mom is still alive, too.
my mom
Grandma J
4 generations
Emma and Caden
pure orneriness

A note about the picture of Emma and Caden: Emma is Grandma J's youngest grandchild. She's 5 and looks exactly like her my mom, my aunt Elaine. Caden is Grandma J's oldest great-grandchild. He's 4 and at least 2 inches taller than Emma already. They got along fabulously. For once, Emma was the bigger . . .er, I mean, older kid.

No comments: