Saturday, September 20, 2008

Caden prays

Caden scolded us one night this week for not praying properly before dinner. Apparently, they pray before lunch every day at school, which Doug and I like very much, but didn't know until this week. Evidently, Doug and I do not fold our hands correctly when we pray as Caden had to demonstrate for us 3 times how to do it properly which I might add is exactly the way Doug and I both folded our hands the first time. He's been very interested in prayer this week. He scolded me again this morning because I forgot to pray with him last night before going to bed. So as we're laying him down tonight, he reminds us to pray. We start by asking him what he wants to pray about. His response, nearly knocked us over ... Johnny Appleseed because I know for a fact that Doug and I have NEVER talked to Caden about Johnny Appleseed. So how does he know who Johnny Appleseed is?? I'm guessing preschool, but again I'm not sure because this week's theme was dinosaurs not apples.

Here's Caden's Johnny Appleseed prayer (which you may remember from your childhood or from your own children).

The Lord's been good to me.
And so I thank the Lord for giving me the things I need.
The sun, the rain, and the apple seed.
The Lord's been good to me.

Caden surprises us everyday with things he knows and says. Today was no exception. FYI Johnny Appleseed day is September 26. This year Johnny Appleseed would be celebrating his 234th birthday.

No comments: