Monday, July 14, 2008

VBS-part 2, day 1

Caden is attending VBS at Grace this week. Today was the first day and he seemed to enjoy it. He was able to tell Daddy about the Bible story we read today of Moses crossing the Red Sea after God had parted the waters for a safe passage as well as a general outline of the morning. I am one of the adult helpers in Caden's 3's-preschool class. A friend of mine form school and church is one of the other adult helpers. Her son is also in the class. This is the first time either Doug or I have been a leader in a group setting in which Caden was a participant. It went better than I expected. It should be a good week for us to bond over some new experiences and an exciting opportunity for me to watch him in a new setting and see how he learns and interacts with other children and adults. Plus as an added bonus we have en green t-shirts which Caden keeps telling us that he and mommy match. He's big into finding things that match lately. Usually he matches more with Daddy than Mommy, so I guess this is a novelty for him.

1 comment:

the mcclenahans said...

Hey Sarah! I am helping at VBS too, but I haven't seen you yet. Hopefully we will run into each other this week. I am glad Caden is having fun!